For an introduction on Blogs and how to read them see the workshop "An Introduction to Blogs as Information Resources" prepared by the Law Libary staff.
Directories of Legal Blogs
- Blawg, by Bill Gratsch.
- Blawg Republic
- Law Library Blogs and Blogs by Law Librarians or Law Library Associations (comp. by Bonnie Shucha)
- Law Professor Blogs, "a network of web logs . . . designed from the ground-up to assist law professors in their scholarship and teaching," published by Prof. Paul L. Caron, Univ.of Cincinnati College of Law.
- US Law Blog Directory
General Law Commentary
- Law Professor Blogs by Paul Caron offers over two dozen legal blogs on a variety of topics
- Discourse.net: a personal blog by Prof. Michael Froomkin from the University of Miami School of Law
- Ernie the Attorney / by Ernie Svenson
- Legal Theory Blog: by Professor Lawrence Solum from the University of San Diego School of Law
- The Leiter Reports: Editorials, News, Updates by Brian Leiter from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- SCOTUSblog: a blog from the law firm of Goldstein & Howe that covers activities in the U.S. Supreme Court & other courts
- Volokh Conspiracy: a blog authored by a group of law faculty, including Eugene Volokh from the UCLA School of Law
- How Appealing: a blog on appellate litigation by Howard Bashman
- UnivAtty: blawging on legal and privacy issues in higher education
- Election Law: by Rick Hasen
Empirical Legal Studies
- Environmental Legal Blogs by Stephen Holzer
- Law and the Environment by Scott D. Deatherage
- NEPA Blog: news on the National Environmental Policy Act
- Cumulative Impacts: news for federal agency environmental attorneys by Susan Bird
- Blog702: "the official blog of www.daubertontheweb.com"
- The Blawg Channel / Dennis Kennedy et al.
- commons-blog, an American Library Association-sponsored site.
- Copyfight: the politics of IP
- Guiding Rights Blog / by Mark Partridge
- The Invent Blog / by patent attorney Stephen M. Nipper
- Lessig Blog / by Prof. Lawrence Lessig
- The Trademark Blog / by attorney Martin Schwimmer.
Labor and Employment Law
- Labor and Employment Law Blog (WME Books)
Law and Technology
- beSpacific/ by Sabrina I. Pacifici; " law and technology news ... issues including copyright, privacy, censorship, the Patriot Act, ID theft, and freedom of information."
- The Blogbook(about legal blogs)
- DennisKennedy.blog: "legal technology, technology law and other musings"
- CIS Blog: The Center for Internet and Society (at Stanford Law School) "brings together scholars, academics, legislators, students, programmers, security researchers, and scientists to study the interaction of new technologies and the law and to examine how the synergy between the two can either promote or harm public goods like free speech, privacy, public commons, diversity, and scientific inquiry."
- eLawyer Blog: better delivery of legal services through the Internet
- Excited Utterances: law firm knowledge management
- inter alia: "an internet legal research weblog, among other things"
- LawLibTech: discusses law libraries and technology.
- LawTech Guru Blog by Jeff Beard
- LawMeme, blog of the Information Society Project at Yale Law School.
- LibraryLaw Blog, issues concerning libraries and the law.
- Netlawblog: Internet Tools for Lawyers
- Real Lawyers::Have Blogs: marketing with blogs for lawyers
- Robert Ambrogi's LawSites: tracking new and intriguing web sites for the legal profession
Law Firms; Legal Profession
- Adam Smith, Esq. "an inquiry into the economics of law firms" / by Bruce MacEwen
- MyShingle.com: for and about solos & small law firms
Pension and Benefits Law
- Benefitsblog: a tax, benefits and ERISA law commentary and news filter
- Benefits Buzz: by BenefitsLink free benefits compliance information
- ERISA Blog: ERISA law commentary
- The 10b-5 Daily: news and events related to securities class action litigation
Sentencing Law and Policy
- Sentencing Law and Policy: a blog by Prof. Douglas A. Berman
- Tax Prof Blog: a blog by Prof. Paul Caron